5 Easy Ways to realize a “Glown-Up” home
From the perspective of home decor, “Glow-up” is the impressive transformation or make-over that makes your house a home, reflecting your own personal style, which is ever-changing.
Let’s check out five such ways through which you can realize a “Glown-Up” apartment:
1. Furniture UpgradationWhen it’s about giving your home a complete makeover, the first thing to consider is getting some new furniture. Being the anchor of your rooms and as it makes everything else work around it, any good piece of furniture is worth the money.
With the decision to upgrade is a serious one, you should consider investing in some nice piece of furniture, or refurbish the furniture you already own along the lines of your apartment or home.
You can also get creative by cleaning it up, putting a new coat of paint on it, or switching out some of the handles in case you can’t afford it. Renting your furniture is also an option to consider.
2. Framed ArtFramed art is a relatively affordable way to upgrade your home and is a crucial step in the decorating process which set’s the mood and creates a mood in your living spaces. Always take a look at the wall you’re going to fill and afterward decide the size of the art you should pick.
With large canvases being very expensive or hard to bring into your apartment, you should consider choosing smaller pieces that can be laid like a collage or a gallery wall like contemporary living.
You can also frame whatever tells a piece of your story; be it posters from your college or a commissioned piece or even a vintage find from the thrift store. Whatever you choose; always remember to keep it simple.
3. Custom Window TreatmentsGenerally, an afterthought or the last thing considered by homeowners, window treatments however makes a great significance in any space, and apart from being practical, they also add to a room’s personality and create that cool, homely vibe.
While investing in windows, you should always consider the ones that actually fit your space and you should only buy curtains that fit the window’s dimensions. While revamping your windows you can either order custom treatments or shop retail. The former is recommended by designers as it cuts down on the risk of error.
Depending on your requirements (Privacy, light control, or aesthetics), you can also decide on whether you want blinds, shades, shutters, or curtains.
4. PlantsIndoor plants are an essential component of new-age design and their popularity is not just due to the style quotient they bring along, but because they are relatively easy to take care of and provide significant health benefits.
Brightening up the indoor spaces, they also have various mood-boosting qualities which makes them a great option to decide on, taking into consideration your lifestyle and preferences.
With the benefits of indoor plants going beyond just aesthetics, always make sure that you choose the right plant and potting methodology, that can make your home a fresher and greener space.
5. LightingAn aspect given the least consideration amidst the apartment dwellers is the right kind of lighting. For the same reason, once you finally ditch the fluorescent overheads and install the lighting that works for you and your space, it actually presents you with a new perspective.
These days there are all sorts of lighting solutions you can choose from to add light to a glown-up home and it truly does add to the atmosphere of your room. Smart Lightbulbs that change color via a mobile app or smart home assistant are the trends of the time and with them, you can set moods and ambiances for your occasions.
Veegaland Homes apartments and flats in Kerala are equipped with the state-of-the-art technology to realize an exemplary modern living. At present, four ongoing Veegaland Homes apartments in Kerala are K-RERA (Kerala Real Estate Regulatory Authority) registered and have model apartments in Kochi to offer first-hand experience to the interested home-buyers.
To know more about our ongoing and upcoming apartment projects, visit: veegaland.com
Veegaland's all ongoing projects are K RERA registered - KingsFort | K-RERA/PRJ/031/2020, Zinnia| K-RERA/PRJ/038/2020, Exotica | K-RERA/PRJ/039/2020, Thejus | K-RERA/PRJ/040/2020, Bliss | K-RERA/PRJ/115/2020