How Often Should You Clean House During Covid Scenario?
How often should you clean your house? Everyday? Once in a week? Once in two weeks? Or less than that?
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic making people spend lives at the comforts and safety of our homes, frequently cleaning and disinfecting your homes is essential for keeping yourself and your family safe and healthy.
To help you figure out what to clean and when, Veegaland Homes, the most trusted builders in Kerala have made a home cleaning checklist and home cleaning tips.
1. EntranceAs the first impression is the best impression, always ensure to keep the entrance to your homes clean. It’s the first area of your home that’s seen by anyone who happens to visit you and by the important guests and family members. So regularly make sure to:
- Sweep floors
- Wipe walls
- Clean door and doormats
- Organize footwear
2. KitchenBeing the heart of your home, cleaning your kitchen daily is a must. Especially if you are prepping food and cooking regularly. For a clean, sparkling and inviting kitchen;
- Clean stovetop, oven, microwave, dishwasher, countertops (Daily)
- Wipe drawers and shelves in refrigerator and freezer (Weekly/Bi-weekly)
- Discard old and expired food in pantry, fridge, and freezer (Daily)
- Replace sponges & washcloths (Weekly)
- Wipe walls, baseboards (Weekly/Biweekly)
- Clean floor mats (Daily)
3. BedroomsMost of your time, when you’re at home being spent in the bedroom, it’s very much important to regularly clean it. You should:
- Air your bed throwing back the top sheets and duvet
- Wash pillowcases and duvet covers (Weekly/Bi-weekly)
- Clean sheets (Weekly)
- Clean mattress pads (Every 2 months)
- Clean pillows (Every 3 months)
- Dust furniture, chair rails, door panels (Monthly)
4. BathroomDepending on the size of your family, and the number of bathrooms in your home, although the cleaning frequency can vary, a good rule of thumb would be to:
- Clean and disinfect toilets inside and out
- Clean and disinfect surfaces, door knows, showers, switch plates and doorknobs
- Clean your bathtub (Weekly)
- Wash body towels (After 2-3 uses)
- Dust surfaces, blinds, window sills, cabinets, door panels (Monthly)
- Empty trash (Weekly)
- Shine fixtures
5. Living RoomWith a frequency depending on your lifestyle and the family type (Family with children & pets), you need to get the floor coverings cleaned on a regular basis to have a healthy living room. You also need to:
- Dust furniture, blinds, lampshades and other decors (Once in two months)
- Wash slipcovers, blankets and pillows (Monthly)
- Clean or vacuum curtains (Once in two months)
- Clean window sills, glass (Once in two months)
- Shampoo rugs or carpets (Once in 3 months)
6. Kid’s playroomIf you have children and they have a dedicated playroom, you should ensure to get it cleaned regularly as they are more prone to diseases. As safety cleaning measures you can regularly:
- Sanitize plastic toys with soap and water
- Wash stuffed animals and soft toys
- Donate toys that are no more used
- Organize toys and play area
- Vacuum rugs or carpets
- Shampoo rugs or carpets
7. General cleaning checklistWithout seeing no difference in rooms and areas of your rooms as general cleaning measures:
- Dust surfaces, chair rails, ceiling fans, and door panels
- Wipe furniture tops
- Vacuum carpets and rugs
- Dust blinds, window sills, lampshades and lock ledges
- Empty all trash
Now that you have gone through the home cleaning checklist, adjusting it to your kind of home and lifestyle, we hope that you will take efforts in making your house feel like a home.
If you feel like you can’t tackle the entire job on your own, involving your family members you can have a lot of fun in tidying up and get the job done as well. If you are running short on time find it as a herculean task, try tackling one room per week.
Veegaland Homes, the builder in Kerala, who has always strived hard to make your lifetime investment worth its value has recently launched “Freedom to Pay”, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own your dream home. With the offer, you can now own a luxury apartment by paying just 20% as advance and the rest ‘during possession.
Veegaland's all ongoing projects are K RERA approved - KingsFort | K-RERA/PRJ/031/2020, Zinnia| K-RERA/PRJ/038/2020, Exotica | K-RERA/PRJ/039/2020, Thejus | K-RERA/PRJ/040/2020, Bliss | K-RERA/PRJ/115/2020