How to buy a home while social distancing
This time of the year is typically considered as the start of a busy season for the real estate market. But with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the continuing restrictions upon us, there have been some changes that have happened to the market.
Although we are in social distancing, it does not mean that the home buying process isn’t active as before and you just need to consider certain aspects before buying your new home.
Ensuring the search for your dream home to continue safely and seamlessly, Veegaland Homes, one of the best builders in Kerala has prepared a list of factors that you should consider while buying an apartment in Kerala or a new home during social distancing. Let’s have a look at them:
1. Leverage the internetWith most of the home buyers starting their home search online, before branching out into the real world for in-person tours, the internet is now more important than ever when it comes to finding your right home.
With staying in the home giving you more free time than you were used to, you can plan a lot without the need to visit the actual site, to know more about the surroundings. You can also learn a lot about the neighborhood through various online resources and reach a decision.
2. Online Virtual ToursAdhering to the social distance norms, more developers and builders in Kerala are offering expanded photos, video tours, and virtual tours. New-age virtual and augmented reality walk-ins are undoubtedly the most efficient way to tour the home models you are interested in.
Once you have zeroed down on a specific location or community and home model, you can contact a sales consultant to set up an appointment to virtually view your interested model home. This is one of the best things we can do before buy a home while social distancing.
3. Online Home ResourcesIn addition to video and online tours, most of the builders in Kerala offer plenty of website resources detailing the many different features of their homes such as smart home automation, customizable floor plans, virtual room designer tools, etc.
Allowing you to accomplish more than one task, these programs offer you a lot more options from choosing a gallery of decor and finishes to laying out rooms and spaces. Even if you might not end up like a model, you can also get various inspirations from the viewed galleries and explore new and trendy designs and layouts.
4. In-person ToursUnder the changed circumstance, although it’s strongly recommended to take various online tours during your search for a new home, being the purchase of a lifetime, the need to see the space in person can’t be completely ignored as well.
If you have decided to see a home and buy a home while social distancing, you can book the tour online, without needing to leave your home. As strong efforts to protect yourself during your tour, it’s ideal to wear gloves and avoid touching items with your hands. Ensuring the recommended distance of 6ft from the agent or the salespersons can also be effective safety measures.
5. Digital Home BuyingThe last two decades have seen the process of purchasing a property undergoing a fundamental shift and the fate of a home-buyer no more lay at the mercy of brokers and other middle-men.
Digitalization has enabled home-buyers to make the purchase of their lifetime within the comforts of their homes. The magic of digitalization is that it facilitates the smooth operation of financial services and assistance with financing, mortgages, and down payments.
6. Use K-RERA portalBuyers can now easily make decisions based on the builder’s reputation and previous construction history. The establishment of state Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) has enabled buyers these days to do extensive research of the builder as well as the project they are interested in.
Additional information regarding the litigation, registration status, etc is also available in their online portal. With resources like these, always ensure that you have clarity about everything as a home-buyer and make your purchase well informed.
The quest for your dream home can be challenging in the middle of a global pandemic, but if you have already made up your decision, we’re here to help you out. Veegaland Homes, the best builder in Kerala who has always strived hard to make your lifetime investment worth its value has recently launched “Freedom to Pay”, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own your dream home. With the offer, you can now own a 2BHK or 3BHK apartment in Kochi, Kerala by paying just 20% as advance and the rest ‘during possession’.
At present, five of Veegaland Homes’s ongoing apartments in Kerala are K-RERA registered. In that two of the flats in Kochi by veegaland homes have sample homes equipped to offer first-hand experience to the interested buyers. Now the potential buyer who is planning to buy an apartment in Kochi can book an appointment to visit the sample apartments ready in Veegaland Kingsfort, Apartments near Vyttila and Veegaland Zinnia, Apartments in Kakkanad. Along with the available financial assistance, we can help make home happen for you.
Veegaland's all ongoing projects are K-RERA registered - KingsFort | K-RERA/PRJ/031/2020, Zinnia| K-RERA/PRJ/038/2020, Exotica | K-RERA/PRJ/039/2020, Thejus | K-RERA/PRJ/040/2020, Bliss | K-RERA/PRJ/115/2020