How uPVC Windows Benefits Your Apartments in Kochi
Windows are an essential component of any home. Apart from providing ventilation, they are also significant in making the house look more spacious and bringing in the natural light & air.
uPVC or PVCu - an abbreviation for unplasticized polyvinyl chloride is a form of plastic that is also known as rigid PVC for its rigidness. It is a resistant form of PVC that is generally used for pipework and window frames.
With its popularity increasing these days, let’s look at the benefits of UPVC windows:
1. Low CostConsiderably cheaper than aluminium and timber, there are more advantages of uPVC windows. Even though the cost can vary depending on the quality, dimensions, and features of the windows, homeowners can buy it at a much more affordable price by choosing a UPVC window.
2. Low MaintenanceRequiring no painting or sealing, uPVC window frames significantly reduce the maintenance required in the long run. It can be quickly cleaned with water and detergent.
uPVC windows also do not require varnishing, sanding, or repainting. Even the dense stains can be removed by scrubbing with no damage to the material.
3. Great PerformancePopular for its energy efficiency, installing uPVC windows can significantly help to reduce heating costs and keep your property nice and warm. In comparison to aluminium or timber, UPVC windows have better insulation and will help to reduce energy and heating costs.
4. Strong and DurableOne of the major advantages of uPVC windows is that they are stronger and are durable due to the material used. And compared to timber, they are long-lasting and resilient and does not lose its shape.
5. Rot ResistantuPVC frames never rot or corrode and are unaffected by salt and soil corrosion, which makes it perfect for coastal dwellers. With the material used, they last for years without peeling and drying out.
6. Thermal ComfortUnlike metals, uPVC is non-conductive, which makes them perfect to use in windows so that they don’t transfer heat and the interior feels cooler. The combination of uPVC frames and double glassing result in creating a better cooling effect inside homes.
uPVC can be recycled up to 10 times and is generally seen as recycled at the end of life in Europe and other countries. Their rigidness and durability allow them to last for several decades.
8. Eco-friendlyMade from recyclable materials, uPVC windows are the eco-friendliest and are also easy to fix and remove, consuming minimal energy in the process. Even the old uPVC windows and doors can be recycled and reused in other products such as pipes, plumbing fittings, etc.
9. Acoustic insulationAnother reason for the popularity of uPVC windows is the acoustic insulation it gives. Double glazed uPVC windows and doors are able to cut down noise as much as 70% and give an extra layer of insulation against outside noise.
10. SecurityIncorporating multi-locking systems, uPVC windows provide a high level of security for homes or offices. Advanced features such as corrosion-resistant multi-point locking ensure the homeowners complete peace of mind.
Veegaland Homes, the most reliable builders in Kerala, design and construct modern living spaces ensuring luxury at its peak. Our apartments in Kochi feature UPVC glazed balcony doors and powder-coated aluminium windows and ventilators.
Our upcoming RERA approved apartment projects in Kochi have sample apartments ready to offer interested buyers a glimpse of their dream home.